Headspace App

I've learned that balancing between school, work, and placement while still dedicating time to my Genius Hour project every day is difficult, yet rewarding. I began by practicing meditation by watching different youtube videos at home and dedicating a half hour total each day to meditation. However, I quickly learned that it's quite difficult for me to shut my mind off. I found myself spending my "meditation time" rehearsing a list of things I needed to get done in my head. It wasn't very relaxing. In fact, it made me even more stressed. That's when I realized - I'm just a beginner! I have never meditated before and watching a simple youtube video was not going to make me an expert meditator overnight. This is when I started to do some more research and came across a mobile application called "Headspace". This app allows you to apply mindfulness to everyday activities through meditation. This app has significantly helped me with managing my stress in a short amount of time. I can bring it with me anywhere I go and it's super user friendly!

Watch this short video that explains what Headspace is all about:

Comments