Genius Hour Reflection 3 - Physical Activity

There has been a lot of research done on the effects of physical activity on stress levels. During my university career, I have spent less and less time being active simply because I have been so busy with schoolwork that I haven't made time for it. However, it is clear that physical activity is essential for a happy and healthy life. Simply going for a run in the morning or before bed can work wonders in clearing your mind and helping you get a good night's rest. Implementing physical activities in the classroom is a great way to ensure your students are managing their stress in a healthy way. Exercise doesn't have to be isolated solely to recess and phys. ed. classes but can be used in small ways in the classroom everyday. Simply allowing students to stand and work allows them to exert energy and helps them to focus. In my next post, I'll be exploring the use of yoga in the classroom! For more information on the use physical activity to reduce stress, visit here.

Comments